Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rover 75 coolant level monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xl5

This car like any other car has overheating problems but the Rover 75 is more prone to this with serious consequences to the engine.

The expansion tank fitted is small and not really suitable to fit a fluid level sensor inside... and constant checks on the fluid level are necessary and need to be kept at just the maximum level and no more.

The tank is the usual white plastic semi transparent kind that after some time discolour's although the fluid is still visible to the human eye by looking from the bottom up.

I thought! is it possible to monitor the fluid level from the exterior of the tank (no internal connections) using say a light dependant resistor fitted to the exterior of the tank to detect a change in the light level that might occur if the coolant (red/pink colour) dropped to a dangerous level.

Perhaps illuminating the tank at switch on with say placed led's then calculating the light input a monitoring circuit could trigger a visible/audible alarm, phew! i have rambled on a bit but can these thought's be feasible?.

NB:. Why not have a section on this forum for say... (Crazy Idea's for a Circuit)

Participant's would forward their thought's regarding a circuit that they have thought of but were reluctant to submit to the forum...or might not be able to design themselve like myself!...
Considerations being able to take friendly flack or yes this can be done but?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back