Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary or Magnetic Relay Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njguy

Anyone know of any relay triggers? I have a rotating/spinning rod, and I need it to activate 3 separate relay's depending on its rotation position. Spaced out at 120 degrees. If not I may have to rig one up with a magnetic relay trigger. Which leads me to the next question. Anyone know of any magnet sensing relay triggers?

Last edited:
relays that responds to magnet are kown as READ SIWITCH. it is very rear to get in my area. it is commonly used for window buglary alarm. just sheck around for it

relays that responds to magnet are [kown] as READ [SIWITCH]. it is very [rear] to get in my area. it is commonly used for window [buglary] alarm. just [sheck] around for it
Slow down your typing and turn on your spell checker. And, they are "reed" switches not "read" switches. Makes a big difference in a Google search for them. ;)

Ken

.....I just need to find one that can support 30 amps. If I can't find one for 30 amps, Ill need it to activate a high frequency capable relay.

Don't think you are going to ever find one that will switch 30A directly from the sensor.

What is the load you're switching?

Ken

Don't think you are going to ever find one that will switch 30A directly from the sensor.

What is the load you're switching?

Ken

A few electromagnets. Only about 2 at a time. Probably 15 amps in combination. So if I can't get a 30 amp proximity switch, I can probably use it to trip a relay. I just need a relay that can handle high frequency switching and deliver 30 amps.

Last edited:
Like Bill said: "Not sure relays will last long at 5Hz." I would go even a step further and say that switching 15A inductive loads at 5 Hz continuously will not work. I think you will have to go with solid state switching. How about posting a drawing or schematic of what you are trying to do.

Oft times, it is easier for people here to solve your problem...than solve your solution. ;)

Ken

Last edited:
Like Bill said: "Not sure relays will last long at 5Hz." I would go even a step further and say that switching 15A inductive loads at 5 Hz continuously will not work. I think you will have to go with silod state switching. How about posting a drawing or schematic of what you are trying to do.

Oft times, it is easier for people here to solve your problem...than solve your solution. ;)

Ken

Are you saying that switching an inductive load at 5hz won't work, or that it won't work with a normal relay? Ill try and draw something up, but its not so easy in this case.

Not with electromechanical relays.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back