Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ROM Programming error at address 0x

Status
Not open for further replies.

yms

Hello

I use MicroPro (DIY K128) normally but today I have this probleme

I want to progrem the PIC16F877A but it gives me this error

ROM programming error at address 0X0000
Good 0x3F33
Bad 0x0000

when I read this PIC, it work normal and when I re-programe it with the same programe -which i read it before- it work normal and i program another PIC like 16F628A it work normal also!!!!!

But if i want to re-program it (PIC16F877A) with another program , i have always this error

Thank you for your help:)

Do you have a OTP chip on accident?

Can you fully erase the chip ?

I am thinking you are having a problem getting VPP to the chip.

Hello
When i click on the botton Blank and I check Erase Chip , it's OK Chip has been erased
But after this, I read it and I found the program in there, then it's not erased

Are you SURE it's not a OTP chip? It's obviously locked from being reprogrammed in some fasion you're stuck with getting a new one unless there's a way to remove the lockbits.

Are you SURE it's not a OTP chip? It's obviously locked from being reprogrammed in some fasion you're stuck with getting a new one unless there's a way to remove the lockbits.

Hello
I program it before, maybe 50 time and it work normal !!

If you can read the program back successfully but can't erase the chip then you either set the program lock bits or you're doing something wrong in your reading process.

If you can read the program back successfully but can't erase the chip then you either set the program lock bits or you're doing something wrong in your reading process.

I try with another PIC 16F628A (Read , Write and Erase ) it's work normal but with 16F877A I can read but I can't Write (I can write the same program which i read it before).

Note
1 - When it's found a location memory not the same with the same location in the new program ,then it's show me the error message and gives me the address of this location and the value in this address in chip and in program
2 - The same error also in the EEPROM when it's found they values in he same address they are not equals

Sounds like a bad pic.

Thank you for your help

yes probleme of the chip , I test another one today and it's OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back