Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"robot which can shoot a ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

muna bhai

i wanna build a robot which will be able to throw a ball to a given range at a given angle.i wanna use electronics or electrical.but i am unable to build the shooting mechanism.please help.

I assume you mean the actual mechanics to throw the ball. It depends whether you want to actually throw the ball, with some sort of arm type thing, or shoot it out of a tube. Give more detail! :)

If you wanted to use say... a ping pong ball or something small and light like that, I would mount a push-type solenoid on an arm that moves up and down like a crane. (With the help of a motor of course. :roll: ) The arm will give you your angle, and the solenoid should give a small, light ball a pretty far range. You might even be able to vary the voltage of the solenoid to adjust the power. :wink: Give me some more detail and I'll try to help you out more. :)

I just had this really good idea. use a high powered electromagnet to propel the ball. I know this only works on ball bearings, but still this would be a very ambitios design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back