Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rise in voltage detector help

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadgroovy

Hi, hope one of you guys can help me out.

I need a simple circuit to detect a rise in voltage from about 12.6 vdc to switch on a relay when the voltage reaches about 13.8 vdc.
Its for an automotive project. The rise is the alternator charging voltage.
I would like the relay to stay energised even if the voltage drops below 13.8 v and to be de energised when the ignition is turned off.
Hope I've explained clearly!

Read this current thread. You want the inverse. If you need some help reconfiguring my posts to your specific needs, write back.

Here's how I would do it with the TL/LM431. Red, Blue, Green, ltBlue, and Purple traces are with the trimpot 100Ω, 300Ω, 500Ω, 700Ω and 900Ω, from the top, respectively. Horizontal (X) axis is input voltage. Vertical (Y) axis is current through the relay.

Attachments

• HiRelay.gif
    HiRelay.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back