Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rigol 3068 6.5digit Digital Bench multimeter Located in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0WZB

Only 2 months old and probably only used a couple of time
Comes in all original ackaging and looks and smells brand new
Looking for £500 Delivered in UK
Payment as gift via paypal so I don't have to pay fees OR bank transfer OR cash if you want to pick it up from Tyne and Wear
Thanks for looking
Brian
G0WZB

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Open to swaps with Ham radio gear if thats of any interest to anyone.

Those things only go for ~£560 brand new, and you've had it for 3 months and used it a few times. That alone will drop the value by at least £100. I hate to say it, but I doubt you'll get £500 for it here. Maybe ebay would be a better marketplace for you.

Good luck!
Matt

Id love to know where you can get it for £560, Maybe without vat but most of us have to pay vat which makes the cheapest i can see in UK as £682
also im open to offers
Regards
Brian

Id love to know where you can get it for £560, Maybe without vat but most of us have to pay vat which makes the cheapest i can see in UK as £682
also im open to offers
Regards
Brian

I am looking at Rigol's website for North America, so the cost is in USD ($840.00). $840 USD = £560.65:

https://www.rigolna.com/products/digital-multimeters/dm3000/dm3068/

Admittedly I had not considered VAT but my point still stands -- I am simply saying that it is very unlikely anyone here would buy it for £500. That's a bit pricey for most ETO members (though you may still get a bite, I wouldn't hold my breath). That's more the type of thing you'd want to sell on Ebay.

Last edited:
It's a good price.... The bench MM's are an extravagance for some folk.... I have two but use them extremely rarely..

The Fluke is... Well! Fluke... not much to be said.. But I use the Solatron is used more!! Go figure!! I use a £50 large digit hand held the most..... I really don't need 3 digit precision... Not many do really..

Good luck, At DS8 said put it on EBAY.... As its brand new I wouldn't accept an offer under £450..

I mainly use my Agilent 34401A and I got this one on a whim lol
To be Honest £450 was my bottom price so I listed as £500 to allow the haggle factor but just got loads of stick via email etc saying people could get it cheaper elswhere, Which you can if you live outside of the UK and dont pay VAT.
Might just unwrap it and put on bench
Thanks for the feedback

Just out of curiosity. Does one pay VAT on every transaction or is it a one time tax?

Just when its purchased from a shop so one time only.
You are supposed to inform the government with private transactions..... But no-one does...

Actually.... If you profit from selling second hand stuff... that's why no-one pays VAT... Who would by a secondhand item dearer than the listed sell price..

You are supposed to inform the government with private transactions..... But no-one does...

Actually.... If you profit from selling second hand stuff... that's why no-one pays VAT... Who would by a secondhand item dearer than the listed sell price..

Is that no just if you are VAT registered as a business?

Its all just crazy, tax after tax after tax......nothing surer in life

Is that no just if you are VAT registered as a business?

As someone who was registered for VAT when I ran my business:

If I invoice a UK or EU customer for work done, I must charge VAT at the standard rate (20%). So £1000 of work becomes £1200 including VAT.
If my customer is registered for VAT, he can claim back the VAT which I charged him, from HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs), so effectively he has only payed the £1000.

If I buy some equipment for my business, say a computer from Dell, if the computer costs £1000, I will pay £1200.
I can then claim the £200 of VAT back from HMRC.
If I sell the computer to a customer for £1500, must also charge VAT, so the cost to the customer will be £1800.
I have collected £300 of VAT on behalf of HMRC.

So at the end of the 3 month VAT period, I will pay to HMRC:

£200 for the work I have done
£300 for the sale of the computer
-£200 for the cost of the computer

Total £100 is paid to HMRC
WRONG!

That is VAT in a nutshell.
Many business people will complain how complex it is, but for me with a high value low volume business, it took up less than half an hour every three months. Because I kept on top of the financial paper work, it was dead easy.

JimB

Edit - a couple of days later.
I was just browsing past this thread and noticed a major error/ambiguity in my calculation...

What I should have said, was:
I collected £200 of VAT for the work I have done
I collected £300 of VAT for the sale of the computer
I can claim back £200 of VAT for the cost of the computer

So I owe HMRC £200 + £300 - £200 = £300

The moral of this little tale is - Don't do your VAT Return when you are tired!

Last edited:
VERY interesting Jim, I suppose the trick is to keep up with that paperwork

Hi,

I hope you can sell it but i do know that people dont like to pay too much for used stuff unless they are desperate. I dont need a meter right now and the most i pay is 250 USD for one and that is plenty good enough especially since i have a very accurate meter calibrator which helps me understand the limits of accuracy of my measurements.
You also have to figure in that when you buy something new you get the guarantee and all, but with used stuff you get little guarantee usually. That alone is a price dropper.
A friend has been trying to sell a 2000 dollar (USD) carbon fibre bike for years now in a lot of different forums, and no takers. That's because they can get one new for almost the asking price and thus get exactly what they want with full papers.
But you never know, a fish may bite the hook, sorry to say a not too well informed fish :)
Nice meter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back