Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Right AC to DC PWM speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLJerry

I’ve watched many videos on this subject but I am still struggling to select the best PWM speed controller for my application. I know enough about electricity to be dangerous, and need some help in selecting the right PWM AC [115VAC wall outlet] to a DC [PMDC] Jazzy motor/gearbox [wheelchair].

Some key features of the motor are: 1. Brake and Hub Removed [eliminated two wires], 2. RPMs are ROUGHLY 120rpm @ 24vdc/60rpm @ 12vdc, 3. 24vdc, 4. Brushed motor, 5. Watts Continuous, 200W; Watts Peak [starting], 1200W, 6. 8-9 amps? 7. The intended use of the motor is to drive a sheet metal bead roller [not over 12-15rpm’s] coupled together with a shaft-to-shaft Lovejoy.

I’m thinking about a PWM speed controller [enclosed or capable of being enclosed]. Other considerations are: adjustable speed [foot pedal], forward and reverse, power-on/off switch and power-on light, wire gauges used between components, recommended part names/part numbers and most importantly one that is compatible with the above motor. Any other options, e.g., SCR. Any kind of diagram would be extremely helpful.

I am U.S. Air Force retired and really can’t afford $100-$200 for a speed controller, but I do need one that will work with this application. Thanks in advance,

Jerry Pellerin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back