Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTX

For my planned project, i must build a RF transceiver and a RF transmitter. For the application of RFID , i guess i'll be working with low frequency since i'll be at a short distance. Does anyone have a working RFID ? or schematics of ones?

After doing a bit of a research, i see that if my transmitter were to receive energy from the transceiver than it would be more portable (no power supply = lighter, cooler heheh) but i guess this will complicates things a bit?

I also would like to have an RS232 output from the receiver into a minimal system that i've built which include an UART (uP, ROM, RAM, I/O...). Can anyone help me ? or at least point me in the right direction? (since there are so many). THX in advance

ps: from the feedbacks i got, teachers are worried that i might not get the transceiver and transmitter to work properly since ... it is by itself a project ...

14 hours isn't ignoring, but I'll "bump" this anyway.

I haven't worked with any RF-powered RFID systems yet, but one of my suppliers ATMEL Wireless does a lot in the way of RFID, RF-capable µC's, and so on. For short distance, what you'll want is low power, high frequency ("high" frequency probably being in the upper 100's of kHz and up).

No projects of my own at the moment, but if you're still in search of info, there's a mouse (the kind with two ears and sharp teeth) tracking project on **broken link removed** that I thought was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back