Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF unit in phone? Identifiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpinkai

Thought this group might be able to help... I'm working on a PIC project, and wanted to dabble in a bit of wireless. I happened to be throwing out a cheap 900MHz wireless phone (dead battery), and thought I might be able to use some parts out of it.

It seems that there is a seperate RF transceiver module that the phone uses (same unit in both handset and base unit). There is a 10-pin connection at the bottom, and if I could figure out how those signals are used, I was hoping to use it with my PIC.

Markings on the RF circuitboard are scarce. There are metal casings on both sides of it. One side says "BTM", and below that "TVT" on the left, and "RVT" on the right. The board itself has "RFDPXD.J0B" printed on it. There are a few components I was unfamiliar with under the casings. Right below the casing was a FM modulator chip (3361D01).

Has anyone had any experience/luck with reusing RF modules for something like this? If it's more trouble than it's worth, I might just be ordering a few XBee units to try out instead... Thanks!

-L. Pinkai

The TLP/RLP434A RF Modules are a cheap place to start, check out www.futurlec.com , their cheap, and transmit a fair distance, only capable of up to 2400 baud though. Still fun and effective, have a look at a guide I made for them;

**broken link removed**

Check out thier range of RF components

http://www.futurlec.com/Radio.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back