Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF tx/rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I have a device that passively relays RF data, for tv signals that works for the following signal range:

Downstream bandwidth: 54/85/105 MHz to 1002 MHz
Upstream bandwidth: 5MHz to 42/65/85 MHz

One thing i dont really get is bi-direction on a coax cable.... but really my question is:

what circuits could i use to modulate & demod some serial port tx/rx data in to a RF signal capable of passing through this device?

I have a device that passively relays RF data, for tv signals that works for the following signal range:

Downstream bandwidth: 54/85/105 MHz to 1002 MHz
Upstream bandwidth: 5MHz to 42/65/85 MHz

One thing i dont really get is bi-direction on a coax cable.... but really my question is:

It's simply a di-plexer at each end, effectively a combined hi-pass and lo-pass filter.

what circuits could i use to modulate & demod some serial port tx/rx data in to a RF signal capable of passing through this device?

Just modulate an RF carrier at one end, send it up the cable, and demodulate at the other end - essentially you need a wireless serial link, but without the radio part.

Its the same as havong 4 radios on diffo frequencies on the bench all communicating to 4 receivers outside somewhere using aerials on each, only instead of transmitting through the air your doing it through a coax.
One thing to consider esp with a diplexer is that your modulated signal will have to have its impedance matched to the diplexer and coax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back