Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

screw_driver

hey guys..need help here..:confused:
im in final yr of my engg n have to do a project..in a month..m actually stuck..big time..

the point is-to be able to detect location of a mobile when it passes thru an rf reader..this can also be done if i use Local Positioning System..but i dunno much in detail about both of them..as to how i can start with..if u cud suggest even ne sources..like sites or books..it will be a big help..:eek:

if i cud detect the position of a mobile when it passes a certain checkpoint..this is a very loose definition but thats all i cud think of as any idea..for final yr..project!!..

please can u help in suggesting me anything about it..

Thanks a ton..
Screw_driver

Last edited:
Put a "blind gps" in the vehicle. Use a radio link to telemeter the gps NEMA sentences to a base station. The base station will know instantaneous position, direction, velocity, speed. Go to this web site. Here you can see me doing this from my airplane. Ham radio operators collect the positional radio packets, and forward them via the internet to the data base being maintained in Finland. You can get a ham license and do the same, or create a local network using a license-free radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back