Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Tranceivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowinu

hi guys,

i got to know that in a tranciever , the transmitter and receiver can't work simultanously , is it true or not ?

thanks
crowinu

crowinu said:
hi guys,

i got to know that in a tranciever , the transmitter and receiver can't work simultanously , is it true or not ?

thanks
crowinu

It depends exactly what it is, but generally it's true, this is known as 'half-duplex', both transmitting and receiving at the same time is MUCH more difficult, usually requiring widely spaced frequencies, and is called 'full-duplex'.

Nigel Goodwin said:
crowinu said:
hi guys,

thanks
crowinu

It depends exactly what it is, but generally it's true, this is known as 'half-duplex', both transmitting and receiving at the same time is MUCH more difficult, usually requiring widely spaced frequencies, and is called 'full-duplex'.

what can i do to eliminate this problem ? any ready made full duplex tranceiver modules ?

crowinu said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
crowinu said:
hi guys,

thanks
crowinu

what can i do to eliminate this problem ? any ready made full duplex tranceiver modules ?

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
crowinu said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
crowinu said:
hi guys,

thanks
crowinu

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do?.

well i was going to use it in my final year project. i need it to have a wireless control on my robot. used for comunication with pc, i.e. sending/receiving data from pc

i was gonna use this : **broken link removed** (trxq1)

using half duplex isn't that big a deal. you just have to handle the case where the other guy is transmitting and with a properly designed protocol you can leiminate a lot of that any way.

one other approach is to use a transceiver chip like the nRF2401 or cc2500 series which supports burst mode. Then your xceivers have a much lower chance of stepping on each other. the cc2500 is a modem as well which means you don't have to implement a codec. it uses SPI, even for data so its really easy to use. You can scrounge them out of certain wireless xbox controllers for pretty cheap.

what type of protocol you suggest ? i was going to use the serial rs-232 protocoo!

@philba : i never worked with tranceivers, is a modem more easeier to use and if yes y ? links you gave me are chips whihc i dont like to use since my main project is on controlling of the robot and note wirless connection ?!

crowinu said:
what type of protocol you suggest ? i was going to use the serial rs-232 protocoo!

@philba : i never worked with tranceivers, is a modem more easeier to use and if yes y ? links you gave me are chips whihc i dont like to use since my main project is on controlling of the robot and note wirless connection ?!

Either use modules with in-built coding, or add Manchester coding before and after the modules - check my tutorials for details.

Nigel Goodwin said:
crowinu said:

Either use modules with in-built coding, or add Manchester coding before and after the modules - check my tutorials for details.

ok thanks, i'll give a look and give a feedback :) 10x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back