Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF spectrum analyzer and power measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

I gonna discover new new fields of tech every month.
This time I want to take my mind into RF, a specific band of EM spectrum.

Thats my aim is to detect and analyze the emissions from GSM CDMA mobile devices(935Mhz to 1880Mhz for GSM900/1800 bands).Bluetooth and 2.4GHz wireless communication devices and leakage microwave emmisions etc.

Can you give me some suggestions regarding it.

I was inspired by **broken link removed**

So I decided to do my own design with AD8307ARZ. It's capable of detecting 0-500MHz only. Which siomply means I can detect almost any AM/FM/VHF bands.

But what for the GHz range? They have another ic called ADL5513ACPZ-R7 from ADL5513 | 1 MHz to 4 GHz, 80 dB Logarithmic Detector/Controller | Log Amps / Detectors | RF/IF Components | Analog Devices
Will this IC be able to detect 1Mhz to 4Ghz ranged RF/microwave emissions(that means ALL AM/FM/(U,V)HF/microwave emissions) wisely?I decided to use this in my design.

Any suggestion/upgrades for me?

The nature of phones like CDMA is that the power spectrum is spread very broadly over a wide band. Most of the power is spread so it appears to be a noisy bump in the RX spectrum. If you can really tune into the signal it resembles a Bart Simpson head.

So unless you have a really good analyzer you will not see much other than a rise in noise floor.

Below is probably taken directly from xmitt to analyzer.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back