Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Network transmit/receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikmeisel

Any have an idea about this or another way to connect two computers wireless (the distance between the computers is about 3 kms)
I tried to combine an fm transmitter and a receiver, connected to a 56k modem, i know that i can transmit only at a 19.000 bps and from one room to other in the same house.-

I know about i can transmit up to 10.0 MB like ethernet using 2.5 GHZ instead of 108.8 MHZ and far away,

i'm happy if i can receive at 128 kbps
and in 3 kms and not in the other room of my house.-

I know about commercial transmitters but they are very expensive (about $ 800 and i need two, one for each computer)

Any Ideas?? :D

Why not use wireless networking based on the IEEE802.11 standard ?

Basically if you want peer to peer connectivity then each pc needs a wireless nic( network interface card)..... but have a look here: **broken link removed**

there's a good explanation of how it works, but I fear it may not be to your needs...

HTH Chip

yea 802.11b will not even come anywhere close to 3km. i am lucky if i get it to go more than 3 or 4 rooms away from the wireless router. but then again that is using only stock stuff (linksys and the like), so i duno what you could do if you built your own.

my $.02

david

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back