Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rf Interference feeding back into my bench power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

Hi.
I have some chinese digital readout variable power supplies. Recently I built a little RF transmitter. It operates at around 100Mhz. When I set my power supply for 9V output, and power the little transmitter from it, the digital Led readout goes up to 13V, and the current Led display to 60mA.
If I connect my fluke to the power supply output, it still shows 9V.
So the transmitter is feeding RFI back into my power supply. How do I fix this??
I know it has something to do with chokes, but I don't know much about these.

Put a good quality 100nf cap across the supply terminals, try it on the outside of the psu first, if it works you can make it a permanant internal fixture.
2 chokes or a differential choke might work but they are much bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back