Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitri

I'm working on a project that needs a small microcontroller to communicate with a PC. At the moment I'm using a small RF board based on the Nordic nrf401 RF chip. It operates at 433MHz, has a couple hundered meters range (according to the data sheet) and can handle a max data rate of 20kbps.

Questions 1:
I can't seem to get anywhere near that distance, I loose the carrier after about 9m (through one wall). Is there an RF expert here how can suggest a cause for the problem?

Question2:
Does anyone know of an alternative, cheap, faster RF system that I could use. I'm using a PIC16F628A microcontroller at the moment, and I would like to get about 40-50m range through a few walls. A data rate greater than 20kbps would be usefull, but I'm restricted by size and cost.

Thanks,
Dimitri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back