Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, do your own work!

hantto said:
Hello!

I've tried to design a high-frequncy antenna amplifier that only amplifies frequenzies around 392MHz. I've browsed through Harry's pages and various other sites and found information on basic transistor amplifier design and so on. And here I have the fruits of my efforts :p

I must point out that this is my first self designed transistor amplifier. I have the schematic and some of my calculations attached. Will this amplifier work? I'm trying to receive an ASK-modulated signal (yes my rfPIC).

Thanks for your time, I'm looking forward to any responce I might get. :wink:

I'm a bit unsure about the currents in the circuit, is 10mA collector current too much for a preamp?

The preamplifier that i propose offers 20dB in all the region of VHF or FM and it still can also reach in 500MHZ. Enough aid for a lot of applications.
Note: Place the PCB in metal box of suitable dimensions.

Hope that it will help you.

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 261
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 297
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 261
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Hi Muki,
Remove the 120pF capacitors. Their reactance at 433MHz is only 3 ohms and they are shorting the transistors collector to base so they don't have any gain.

hello audioguru,
thanks for the advice but its working properly in my uncle's tv antenna without this the reception is very poor.
Anyway thanks a lot

Only because the capacitors probably aren't capacitors at that frequency, remove them and the performance should improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back