Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reviving vintage Realistic DX-302.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no tape media for years now. Although I see the old cassette format has returned.
Most popular bands now offer it as a media option for purchase.
Something I thought I would never see. :rolleyes:
Exactly, crap quality and unreliable - it's day is LONG gone :D

However, the resurgence of vinyl is pretty unbelievable as well - just nostalgia I suppose?, certainly the people from the vinyl days aren't buying it.

I am. Most new release vinyl now comes with a free download card. Best of both worlds.
I have slowed down on my purchases though. ;)

Well gents, here she is all back together and all controls working smoothly.
This really is a brand new 1982 radio in perfect working order. Just something about that makes me giddy.
I really appreciate all the advice and will return as soon as I break something else.
Cheers mates!!

Attachments

• DX_302.jpg
    DX_302.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 125
I am. Most new release vinyl now comes with a free download card. Best of both worlds.
I have slowed down on my purchases though. ;)

I've still got my old Micro Seiki record deck, and all my records - but it's not been used since I bought a CD Player a LONG time ago. The only time I got it out was to show my daughter, as I suddenly realised she'd never seen a record player, or indeed a record (she was 9/10 years old - so 23/22 years ago) - the first thing she said was "what's that scratching noise" :D - then she was intrigued that you could turn it over and play the over side, then she said "Oh, like a cassette".

It made me feel very old :D

Mind you, she's all grown up now, and at this present time is doing a couple of presentations in Tokyo, "Fabrication and analysis of 3D inverse woodpile photonic crystals in silicon", and "Interference of light scattered by random and periodic arrays of pillars". This is her second week there, she flies back to the Netherlands at the weekend.

Well gents, here she is all back together and all controls working smoothly.
This really is a brand new 1982 radio in perfect working order. Just something about that makes me giddy.
I really appreciate all the advice and will return as soon as I break something else.
Cheers mates!!

I've got a JRC (Japanese Radio Corporation) Transmitter and Receiver I was given by a friend - but I've not even looked at it yet - apparently it's got an intermittent relay in it. Apparently JRC was at the top end of amateur radio gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back