Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Restrictions on Lithium Ion Battery for Air Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe313

As we all know, power bank is common for our daily life, especially for our smart phone, which always a lithium-ion battery. Taking airplane is very often at our daily life, but there are restrictions on lithium content for air travel, thus air travelers may ask the question "How much lithium in a battery am I allowed to bring on board?", which is a common problem for me. Several days ago, I have read a note about it, which says "Lithium-ion batteries exceeding 8 grams but no more than 25 grams may be carried in luggage if individually protected to prevent short circuits and are limited to two spare batteries per person (source: https://www.apogeeweb.net/electron/lithium-battery-and-lithium-ion-battery-chemistry.html ). "

After read it, I also confused and have another question "How do I know the specific volume of lithium content in a lithium-ion battery?". Is there anyone can give me some specific example to describe it? Many thanks:).

Keep the lithium batteries in your carry on. That way if one does end up on fire, at least there is a decent chance it can be contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back