Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonator not in top gear....

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
res09.jpg

I don't remember using a resonator before but the 4093 gates and this 10Mhz device only gave 4.325Mhz. Question .. Is is possible is wrongly marked ? Seems unlikely but no other conclusion....The clock only fed the Z80 during measurement....
RES10.jpg

I am not sure why, but I have on the desk a Z80 and PIC18 as a loader / supervisor project, at first the pic provided Z80 clock, so I could debug easier , but now wanted the Z80 to run at the 10Mhz as ' it said on the tin' , not pursuing the resonator but have adopted a 10Mhz Xtal / 4093 . oscillator instead.

Last edited:
The 4.325MHz was possibly some spurious oscillation frequency due to parasitic components rather than to the resonator. What circuit were you using? Crystal/resonator controlled circuits I'm familiar with generally use normal inverters (e.g. 4049); not Scmitt inverters such as the 4093.

What circuit were you using? Crystal/resonator controlled circuits I'm familiar with generally use normal inverters (e.g. 4049); not Scmitt inverters such as the 4093.
Hi Alec, perhaps that was my mistake then, I had 2 gates of a 4093 similar to above circuit. thanks.

Thanks Alec , don't know what I was thinking... CD4049UB and 10Mhz resonator now showing 9.948Mhz . cheers.

That's not bad accuracy for a resonator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back