Resonator not in top gear....

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member

I don't remember using a resonator before but the 4093 gates and this 10Mhz device only gave 4.325Mhz. Question .. Is is possible is wrongly marked ? Seems unlikely but no other conclusion....The clock only fed the Z80 during measurement....

I am not sure why, but I have on the desk a Z80 and PIC18 as a loader / supervisor project, at first the pic provided Z80 clock, so I could debug easier , but now wanted the Z80 to run at the 10Mhz as ' it said on the tin' , not pursuing the resonator but have adopted a 10Mhz Xtal / 4093 . oscillator instead.

Last edited:
The 4.325MHz was possibly some spurious oscillation frequency due to parasitic components rather than to the resonator. What circuit were you using? Crystal/resonator controlled circuits I'm familiar with generally use normal inverters (e.g. 4049); not Scmitt inverters such as the 4093.

What circuit were you using? Crystal/resonator controlled circuits I'm familiar with generally use normal inverters (e.g. 4049); not Scmitt inverters such as the 4093.
Hi Alec, perhaps that was my mistake then, I had 2 gates of a 4093 similar to above circuit. thanks.

Thanks Alec , don't know what I was thinking... CD4049UB and 10Mhz resonator now showing 9.948Mhz . cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…