Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor value

dtecky

Try to validate this resistor value: Green, Blue, Silver or Gray, Gold, Violet.
If looked at as a 5 band and saying the 3rd band is gray, it comes to 56.8 Ohms .10%
But it really doesn't look gray, it looks more silver to me. Any ideas?
20230825_113308.jpg

Stick a meter across it and measure it - modern colours are often pretty confusing, as are tolerances below 5%.

At a 'guess' I'd say it's 0.5% tolerance, shown by the green band, simply because I use some 0.5% resistors, so I've experience with green.

But a quick google shows purple is 0.1% (I never knew that :D ), which makes it 5.69K

Stick a meter across it and measure it - modern colours are often pretty confusing, as are tolerances below 5%.

At a 'guess' I'd say it's 0.5% tolerance, shown by the green band, simply because I use some 0.5% resistors, so I've experience with green.

But a quick google shows purple is 0.1% (I never knew that :D ), which makes it 5.69K
Reads open with the meter, hard to see, but the black mark is a burn mark.

What is it out of?, and what does it do? - it could be a fusible resistor, and has blown because something else has failed.
It is out of a treadmill. It is the controller board. The resistor is part of the AC/DC circuit, off of the + side of the rectifier then a fuse, then the resistor, then a diode, which are all fine. Probably is a fusible resistor. Just little more information, the unit was off but working absolutely fine before this happened. When I turned it on it flashed by the on-off switch. And then it was dead. ☹️

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back