Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Subsitution Chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned
I don't know where to post this so would a moderator please move this if needs be.

I've developed a handy chart for substituting single resistors for a pair of series and parallel resistors.

This chart shows that stocking a single E24 set will allow you to create all E96 vales or a single E6 set to create E24 values.

It also shows you how to create round values from the seemingly odd standard values.

Attachments

• Resistor subsitution.pdf
    35.6 KB · Views: 414
I've thought about writing a program but I decided a chart is better because I can have it pinned up near my workbench.

Here's my latest version, as you'll see there are now some duplicates. This is because some of the resistor values in the previous chart were very high. The duplicates are less accurate but should be easier to get hold of.

In my opinion there's no point in stocking an E96 set of resistors when you can buy a set of 1% E24 values and make any E96 value to within 0.2% just by connecting two resistors in series and parallel.

Attachments

• Resistor subsitution.pdf
    35.6 KB · Views: 303
It looks like a handy piece of software.

There is room for improvement though. It doesn't cover the E192 series and it would be nice if it were open source.

I might wirte a program myself, unfortunately it won't be graphical, probably just text only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back