Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resetting a v-chip password

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibetowngirl

I have an orion television that keeps going to the v-chip setup screen. I have no recollection of ever setting any type of password pin number, and now the television operate until a password is entered. I have no manual for the tv. (who would've thought I needed a manual for a cheapie television). Anyhow, does anyone have any idea how I might either delete all my v-chip settings so the tv will operate or how to reset the pin?????? I have tried all the obvious. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think, Your TV go to children-protect mode by mistyping via infrared remote controller. Without CCU-type cannot help anybody, because this data (password) stored in EEprom.

Can't that EEPROM be erased externally? I guess most televisions use I2C EEPROMs and are very easy to work with.

The problem: this EEprom contains some factory presets, and if i change to brandnew (or erased), the TV CCU can't work. The only way (for me) if somebody have a same type of TV, read the EEprom, write the data to brandnew, solder it, and in service-mode i can adjust the device-specific values. But i know, the service have a special remote controller (with only few spec.buttons),for all functions (inclusive code set to zero)

This is a nightmare. I know nothing about electronics and all this language is more than I can digest. Anyhow, I think some of the problem was that I was trying to watch a new channel through my satellite system and maybe this V-Chip did not recognize it or something. I was finally able to get the TV to work by turning to another channel via some other avenues. Thanks for all who replied

Hi to all,

Hey Sebi, a question, there is no bypass or reset on the circuit board even for repair tech. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back