resetting a v-chip password

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibetowngirl

I have an orion television that keeps going to the v-chip setup screen. I have no recollection of ever setting any type of password pin number, and now the television operate until a password is entered. I have no manual for the tv. (who would've thought I needed a manual for a cheapie television). Anyhow, does anyone have any idea how I might either delete all my v-chip settings so the tv will operate or how to reset the pin?????? I have tried all the obvious. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think, Your TV go to children-protect mode by mistyping via infrared remote controller. Without CCU-type cannot help anybody, because this data (password) stored in EEprom.

Can't that EEPROM be erased externally? I guess most televisions use I2C EEPROMs and are very easy to work with.

The problem: this EEprom contains some factory presets, and if i change to brandnew (or erased), the TV CCU can't work. The only way (for me) if somebody have a same type of TV, read the EEprom, write the data to brandnew, solder it, and in service-mode i can adjust the device-specific values. But i know, the service have a special remote controller (with only few spec.buttons),for all functions (inclusive code set to zero)

This is a nightmare. I know nothing about electronics and all this language is more than I can digest. Anyhow, I think some of the problem was that I was trying to watch a new channel through my satellite system and maybe this V-Chip did not recognize it or something. I was finally able to get the TV to work by turning to another channel via some other avenues. Thanks for all who replied

Hi to all,

Hey Sebi, a question, there is no bypass or reset on the circuit board even for repair tech. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…