Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require a High Voltage Signal Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptonite

I require a signal generator which is capable of producing a differential output in the range 0 – 2000 V, with frequency set between 7Mhz – 16 MHz.

Actualy require- 11 MHz (+/- 1 MHz) 0 – 1000 V, but have provided a wider range. Any suggestions on what equipment out there is capable of this ?
Also need to ensure its highly accurate.

You need to give some idea of the load that it is feeding. RF power sources are normally desisgned to to work into a specific load impedance. This is normally 50 0r 75 ohms if coaxial output is used or 300 ohms if balanced feeder is used. If the load is 300 ohms then the power is 13.3KW If the load was 50 ohms then the power is 80 KW. You also need to give a value for "highly accurate"
This sounds like it could be some kind of power from nothing projects. If it is then you are on the wrong forum.

Les.

The load impedance wont matter or could be considered as 50 ohms in this case. Require this to calibrate an ADC (ADC_LTC2163) which is integrated into the feedback path post a cap divider of a board design.

The load impedance wont matter or could be considered as 50 ohms in this case.

Sorry, but it's absolutely crucial to the design - if you consider the required load to be 50 ohms then you're looking at a VERY high powered RF transmitter (80Kw), and you'd need an industrial mains supply :nailbiting:

I require a signal generator which is capable of producing a differential output in the range 0 – 2000 V, with frequency set between 7Mhz – 16 MHz.

Actualy require- 11 MHz (+/- 1 MHz) 0 – 1000 V, but have provided a wider range. Any suggestions on what equipment out there is capable of this ?
Also need to ensure its highly accurate.
The load impedance wont matter or could be considered as 50 ohms in this case. Require this to calibrate an ADC (ADC_LTC2163) which is integrated into the feedback path post a cap divider of a board design.
Hi kryptonite,

My I suggest that you tell us exactly what you are trying to do and post schematics and values so that we can possibly come up with a more realistic approach.

As the other members have clearly said, what you are asking for is extraordinary and does not make sense. Why do you need 0V to 2000V at a frequency from 7MHz to 16MHz to test a circuit with an LTC2163 in it.

spec

The LTC 2163 can opeate with a 1.8V supply. 2V is all you need from the RF source. 2000V will blow it to kingdom come :eek:.

Kryptonite,

The reason we all are asking questions is:
What you want will be the size of a small car.
It will cost the price of a new car.
It will pull more power than your house can deliver.

When I was young I built radio broadcast transmitters. Several of us have built the small 1000 watt short wave transmitters.
Maybe we don't understand what you want OR this is a very big project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back