Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reprogramming after electronic control module installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakariyau

I have difficulty with reprogramming the ignition key immobiliser following installation of a new electronic control module for Jeep liberty renegade 2003. Please which programmer will do the job?

You need the programmer at the Jeep dealership. No other option.
This is wrong. There are dozens of after market programmers that can handle this immobilizer system.

I have difficulty with reprogramming the ignition key immobiliser following installation of a new electronic control module for Jeep liberty renegade 2003. Please which programmer will do the job?
You do not need to program the ignition key or immobilizer unit after replacing the engine control module. The ECM does not hold the immo data. You simply need to change the VIN in the ecm to match that is all. (Assuming this is a U.S. Model.)

Last edited:

You do not need to program the ignition key or immobilizer unit after replacing the engine control module. The ECM does not hold the immo data. You simply need to change the VIN in the ecm to match that is all. (Assuming this is a U.S. Model.)

Note that the OP did not directly specify that they changed the ECM....
Until clarification is made, it may be reasonably assumed that the OP changed the immobiliser electronic control unit.

Ah yes your right. Looks like I interpreted it wrong.
If that is the case then you need to program your cars VIN into the replacement immobilizer unit first. You then need to extract the pin code from the module, and then program a new key (no old ones). If its a new module purchased from dealer you will need to set country code and pincode prior to doing the programming. This can be done with quite a few tools. You can use tools such as xprog to read the 908 mcu or you can use some tools via OBD2 such as DMAX, AVDI or TCODE to name a few.

On a side note the real dealer tools DRB3 or Witech with DRB3 emulator will not pull PIN codes directly from the car and needs a separate process of retrieving the pin through dealer network or NASTF for aftermarket before you could program any keys using them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back