Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing a 4 pin leaded inductor with a 2 pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a feedback for the whine. I unwired the coil. Rewired it with a good coat of varnish and put it back. It is 90% quieter now.

But that sounds like you're treating the symptom rather than the fault, have you checked the electrolytics for high ESR - as you've already had one fail, the rest are probably in a similar state.

BTW, Firefox here, and the pictures just appear - no suggestion that they are hosted elsewhere.

I've added the images to the original post.

What happened to this device was a massive electrolytic leakage. It is case is really yellow so I suspect it was used for a long time under direct sun light and heat. I ended up replacing all the electrolytics around the power supply area.

Before and after replacing the electrolytics the whine was the same.

What really made a difference was the varnish. But I could be missing something. Would you suggest something?

IMG_1130 2.JPG
IMG_9837.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back