Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement Transistor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianCMcKay

So I've got a TV that I'm trying to repair. They don't make a few of the parts for it anymore and the transistor that I need to replace doesn't have an exact replacement. From what I've read about the TV, it's common for the power supply to go out.

So here is a data sheet for the original transistor that is supposed to be there.

The closest thing I was able to come across on my own was **broken link removed** transistor. The test conditions are different, so the DC current gain is different for both of them.

So who thinks that the new transistor will work?

What circuit is the transistor used for?

Check out these transistors

NTE is expensive packaging. You can get about 10 others for the price of one NTE.

Last edited:
Dont know what country you are in, but here in Australia 2SC2120 is avalable for .56cents from WES components. WES are supliers to electronic repairers.

Dont know what country you are in, but here in Australia 2SC2120 is avalable for .56cents from WES components. WES are supliers to electronic repairers.

I'm in the states. I'm on my phone right now, but when I get home, I'll look more to see if I can find the transistor.

the Toshiba data sheet is dated 2003, it's highly unlikely that part was discontinued so quickly, especially if it got a lot of use in TVs. looks like a modern replacement for the 2SC1318, which in it's day was as common as a 2N2222. look on MCM's web site **broken link removed**

EDIT:**broken link removed**

$0.30US each

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back