Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJSC85

Good afternoon all lm a new user ,I have a 49 metre string of Fairy Led Lights that get their power via an intergrated Solar Supply.
My issue is that the solar pack is not Charging the rechargeable batteries .
Can I replace this with a power pack supplying similar output .
Unit itself take 3 x 1.2volt batteries.
It also has an 8 function control as part of unit Im not worried about retaining this as all I want to do is get them working .

Regards Allan
Lameroo
South Australia

The current through the LEDs must be limited with a resistance. Assuming the LEDs are all in parallel then the battery or the circuit limits the current. The LEDs will burn out if you use a power supply without limiting the current.

I suspect that the rechargeable batteries are cheap junk. Try replacing them with better ones after cleaning the contacts in the battery holder. The on-off switch also might be cheap junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back