Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement for HLC1395

Status
Not open for further replies.

morinijungle

Hi All, I am a very amateur hobbyist and I have an old radio which appears to have a combined IR emittor/ phototransistor part HLC1395, I have diagnosed this as my problem part and it appears that it is no longer available and I'll need to buy a separate emitter/ phototransistor receiver potentially. Can anyone help advise which components would make a good replacement?

I have attached the datasheet, but I am really struggling to align this information with alternative replacements

Many Thanks in advance

Attachments

• HLC1395 Datasheet.pdf
    402.9 KB · Views: 181
Agree, strange thing to have in a radio but, have you tried cleaning with methanol/isopropanol as recommended in the datasheet?

Mike.

Hi there. it sits under a plastic disc which has a series of reflectors attached. When spinning The signal generated by the phototransistor goes to a master chip. The idea is if the tape is in but the disc is not spinning then no signal to chip and tape ejects. I was slightly misleading as this is the tape part of a car stereo. It’s clearly been fiddled with in the past as one of the legs has been snapped off the phototransistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back