Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replace memory eeprom on a wemos d1 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I've had some data logging software running for a year now, on a D1 mini.
The chip has started crashing on random intervals, preumably the eeprom is worn out.
I have rigged up a temporary replacement chip as a test to see if it too crashes for now.
I assume the eeprom is under the metal cover thingy, can this chip be replaced, will a empty new device just solder in place?

I usually read contents from original chip and transfer it to a new chip unless I suspect that its corrupted.
I do not know the device your talking about but you may not be able to just place an empty eeprom in its place but swapping chips with the data cloned should work just fine.

Thats the thing, I suspect the chip is corrupt.
Might be better chucking it if it turns out the eeprom is the problem.

I've had some data logging software running for a year now, on a D1 mini.
The chip has started crashing on random intervals, preumably the eeprom is worn out.
I have rigged up a temporary replacement chip as a test to see if it too crashes for now.
I assume the eeprom is under the metal cover thingy, can this chip be replaced, will a empty new device just solder in place?

Why bother?, the D1 mini is cheap anyway, far easier to just replace the entire thing - however, I'd be more concerned about what you're doing to kill them?.

As already suggested, if you're wanting to continually write to a memory chip, then connect an external FRAM - far faster, and much longer lived with such use.

I dunno, I'd like to assume the TS owns a eeprom manufacturing plant and has free access to an endless supply of the needed eeprom chip but is unsure of what happens if he replaces one in use with a blank one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back