Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair Vintage JVC Karaoke machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGL

I have an old JVC Karaoke machine, and wonder if anyone knows where such machines can be repaired? Model is JVC XL-GM800, graphics changer, CD-G.
Was fairly popular among karaoke bars 20 years ago, but nearly impossible to find a replacement now. With a few hundred Cds, would like to repair or find a newer compatible model. I would rather find a shop that can repair it than try to take it apart and try to troubleshoot problem, possibly making things worse. Anyone with information about repair shops, compatible models, or a place that might sell such old machines (already have tried Ebay for weeks), appreciate any tips.

Welcome to ETO.

To better assist you in your search it would be to your benefit to tell us where geographically in the world you might be.

This can be added to your personal profile. We don't need your address, but a country, state or province would help.

Thanks for your reply. I am in Prescott, Arizona, 80 miles north of Phoenix. By the way, I would call myself a newbie in this area, which is why I would rather find an expert to fix it rather than do some damaging tinkering myself.

I actually have two of these machines. I am a reseller and came across this post as i'm doing research on this model. I do not have the connections to test them and will be selling them as such. They both power on, the display is clear and all buttons and knobs are intact. If you are intrested in purchasing please contact me, it will probly be best to do on ebays platform to avoid any issues, in state shipping will be inexpensive and if the item does not work I will be happy to pay for the return postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back