Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote turntable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Brown

Hello, I do not have a background in electronics, but I'm working on a fun project that requires I get some sound advice from someone that does.
In early 2014 I started a project that in the end will be a airsoft vehicle. I'm a welder by trade, and have built this type of machine in the past. This time around, I'm adding some new ideas. The part of the build that I need help with are the roof mounted airsoft guns. There will be a pair side by side. They need to rotate, and pivot up and down. The power to move the guns needs to be from batteries, or the 12volt system. Preferably battery power to eliminate wires. I need to know from any of you how I can do this by remote control. I would like two joysticks. One for each motor, the rotation motor, and the up an down for the guns. Remote on off for the triggers is also on my mind. I'm guessing the weight of the guns will be 30 pounds. Add another 10 for the mounting bracket I will fab. My idea is one of the joysticks will lean left and right to move the table. Forward and backwards on the other to raise and lower the guns. Lastly, I will have a camera mounted between the guns giving the gunner a monitor view to find targets. I'm in the early part of this build still, but need to know where I'm headed, how to get there, and of course the cost. Any help as to what to use, and where to get it , will be greatly appreciated.
This vehicle is called WarHammer. The frame and differentials are from a suzuki samari. Tracker motor and tranny. I've stretched the frame, and added big wheels and tires. I'm building the body.
Thanks for anything you can help me with.

You need what we call X and Z axes control;
**broken link removed**
This can be done with heavy duty servos and and RC controller.
Something like this;
**broken link removed**
There are hundreds if not thousands of theses out there.
Your weight and tork requirements can be cut in half if you balance your gun's right.
Look for a gimbal mount like this;
GM-6-Gimbal-mount-front.png

Thank you much! I will start looking to see what's available. I have stumbled into tilt and pan heads used for filming. The price tag is $1100.00 at servocity. That's for the head that supports up to 40 pounds. Kinda pricy, so I hope looking at what you suggested saves on cost.

Well, after looking, that $1100.00 set up seems not to be such a bad deal. I will have about 20 pounds worth of guns, so I need the bigger size. For what you get, it's not a very bad price. So far it's the one to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back