Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote sensor capturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisy

Hi all,

I wanted to do a setup for sensor remote capturing. To make it simple, I thought of using a PIC microcontroller for signal conditioning and ADC purposes and then to transmit data to a transceiver. With that, I will then receive my data in my base station whereby I will do my data aquisition system using labview.

I am wondering if PIC16F877 can achieve what I required. I'll prefer to do wireless module thru Bluetooth as there are many using ZipBee, so I thought I want to do something different.

Any suggestions or recommendations will be welcome. Thanks a million.

Hi Dennis,

Welcome! I'm probably not the guy who's going to end up answering your question, but I can say that the answer probably involves "it depends on what your sensor is".

Torben

Nigel Goodwin said:
Why not just use licence free wireless modules?, check my tutorials for details.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks. Is there any specific wireless modules that must be use in this case? One of the performance I look for is good noise interference. Bluetooth uses FHSS technique which serve the kind of performance.

Depends what you want to spend really?, if you want best accuracy with no errors you need two way communication so you can check the packets and send handshakes back.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Depends what you want to spend really?, if you want best accuracy with no errors you need two way communication so you can check the packets and send handshakes back.

Noted. In my case, I only want to receive data from the transmitting station. It's my first attempt on wireless module. Is there any sites that you might want to recommend on tutorials? I've yet to decide which software to go with, either C or assembly. Any suggestions?

dennisy said:
Noted. In my case, I only want to receive data from the transmitting station. It's my first attempt on wireless module. Is there any sites that you might want to recommend on tutorials? I've yet to decide which software to go with, either C or assembly. Any suggestions?

I would advise assembler, as my tutorials are written using that, and include packet wireless transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back