Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Keyless Entry for Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

After much thought, I have decided to get a remote add-on for my car's central locking. Now, I have two options, either use an existing remote, and make a new receiver (looks like my best bet) or, build my own transmitter AND receiver.

This add-on is basically going to be built, rather than bought, because the cost of a bought one is IMO far too much..

Here is some pics of my options,
Pre-built remote, its a learning remote, so dunno how I'd go about programming it, but it looks good :p
**broken link removed**

Case for the transmitter, basically a remote without the internals
**broken link removed**

So now I have to make a decision on what I'm going to do, anyone got any pointers?

I would prefer the pre-built remote, and build a transmitter for it, but I don't know how to get the frequencies onto the remote to start with. The other one, I don't think I'll find a circuit that allows 2 channel transmission in such a small space.

If anyone has any ideas, please tell me otherwise I'll end up trying to do it myself an mess everything up :p

Thanks in advance, :)

Tim.

Oh just another comment, the price on the pre-built complete system, is $79.95 AUS, and although 2 learning remotes without sensor = $79 anyway, I would like the 4 channels, so I can use lock, unlock, boot, and remote start..

If anyone knows of a unit that can do this for less than $90 AUS, I would be VERY happy to know about it.

The unit doesn't have to do the remote start bit, just have an external output or something similiar

Tim.

OK,

I have done some research, but I need to know what a "tapped coil" is..

I can purchase an "Aerial Rod With Coil" from the JayCar website, product ID LF-1020. Would this work with the other components in the system?

The other thing I wanted to know is how do I determine which frequency I'm supposed to be receiving is? Is there some formula?

Tim.

Check these guys out

**broken link removed**

I use their product for all my RF needs, they have pre-fab remotes and receivers, relatively cheap and very easy to use.

OK, so if I go out an assemble that Simplest RF transmitter that is out there on the net, the one with only 5 components, what values should the capacitor and the resistor be?

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back