Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp1

hello electro tech , i'm a hobbiest and really i just tinker atround my house . I bought my wife a new universal remote for the garage from home depot . my queston is is possible to program it to also turn on my floodlights witch are wireless also ? if so i will popst more details of each .... thanks :idea: in advance

Well, it might be possible, but it would take a lot of work. First of all, I'm assuming your floodlights are infrared-controlled, because that's what universal remotes usually use. You'd have to find out the frequency that your floodlights use and then duplicate that frequency with the universal remote, which might be aproblem because if you change the frequency then something else might not work (i.e., you might be able to control the floodlights but then you wouldn't be able to use your VCR or something like that).

Your floodlights are wireless.... I'm assuming that they are X-10 lights? If so you cannot use your universal remote, by itself. The X-10 system uses a signal passed thru the power line and cannot be accessed directly. You could use an appliance module to activate the lights , but I think your going for an actuation scheme where the floods turn on while your wife is exiting the car. If that is the case you can install a relay that is activated ( meaning wired to ) by the garage door opener. It does have a light of it's own does it not? more details would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back