Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control for Soniq QSL326T

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougy83

Most Helpful Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have a Soniq QSL326T TV remote, and would be willing to record the codes? We have one of these TVs, collected from the side of the road, which has no remote and its non-remote buttons don't work properly (TV works fine otherwise; it's just that pressing the buttons have an unpredictable, random effect).

The codes can be recorded really easily, just by connecting a phototransistor across the PC microphone input. The cathode connects to the left+right signal wires with anode to GND. Audacity or a similar program can be used to record the signal (44100 or 48000 Hz, 16bit). I've done it before for a couple of different remotes, and it was kinda interesting to see the signal so clearly, and with such simple hardware.

I was going to make an Android IR remote app for the TV using the codes, and you'd be most welcome to it as well, of course. None of the universal remotes I tried in the Google Play store worked with this TV and JB HiFi and Dick Smith don't have suitable remotes either.

Thanks very much for any help!

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks Tony. I was hoping to not buy one.

Being that Soniq is SONY's low Q brand, I wonder if some old Sony remotes would work

I tried a number of universal remotes that supported Sony TVs, but they didn't work with the Soniq TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back