Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote control/bluetooth lcd display

Status
Not open for further replies.
52 images are not needed. One circle display would show Ace to King and the other the suits. So Ace 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack Queen King would be stored on one sd card. Then 4 suits on the other. The displays are then back to back.

Are you a magician Pommie?

So 17 images required. These could probably be stored on something like **broken link removed**. Although the 6mm thickness is probably too much.

Not a magician but have dabbled a bit.

Mike.

Thanks, The problem I have is I have never done any electronic work, so have no idea how to put the different components together. Including the programming the images to the components etc.

So 17 images required. These could probably be stored on something like **broken link removed**. Although the 6mm thickness is probably too much.

It rather depends on the resolution of the images, and the number of colours used - BMP files are pretty HUGE as they are uncompressed. Certainly a single colour image only 128x128 pixels (popular TFT size) is massively too large to fit in an Arduino Uno (or similar) processors memory - this is why SD cards are usually used.

JPG is generally a 'no go' as it takes too much processing power (and time) to display them.

Why does it have to be a graphic display?
A simple 2 character alphanumeric display would be all that is required, maybe.

1st digit
H = Hearts
C = Clubs
D = Diamonds
S = Spades

2nd digit
A = Ace
J
Q
K = King

Or am I missing something?

JimB

Why does it have to be a graphic display?
A simple 2 character alphanumeric display would be all that is required, maybe.

1st digit
H = Hearts
C = Clubs
D = Diamonds
S = Spades

2nd digit
A = Ace
J
Q
K = King

Or am I missing something?

JimB
It cant look too much like it is an electronic display.

Thanks for the input so far.

So what would be the process of putting together the circle display with the images stored on an SD card and a bluetooth remote that displays the images one at a time (one click per image)?

You would need to get the board designed. A CR2412 is 24.5mm dia and 1.2mm thick but only has a capacity of 100mAh. However your displays are designed for watches so should be low power. You could use a thin double sided board with an atmega128 as the processor and (if needed) an external serial EEPROM. Not sure about bluetooth - probably better with a keyfob type transmitter/receiver but I don't know of any receivers small enough. If you can allow a little extra thickness then a esp8266 would do all you need.

Mike.

You could use a thin double sided board with an atmega128 as the processor and (if needed) an external serial EEPROM.

I'll repeat again, check the resolution and size of the picture files, it's probably difficult to source a serial EEPROM large enough, which is why SD cards are normally used. And a micro-SD card is a pretty small device.

Are you saying that the serial chips that go in memory devices life SD cards aren't available as just chips? Whilst the micro SD cards are tiny the sockets tend to add thickness to products, I thought using an equivalent chip would make it slimmer.

Mike.

52 images are not needed. One circle display would show Ace to King and the other the suits. So Ace 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack Queen King would be stored on one sd card. Then 4 suits on the other. The displays are then back to back.

Are you a magician Pommie?

Do you need one of these pendants or will you manufacture thousands.

Are you saying that the serial chips that go in memory devices life SD cards aren't available as just chips?

I've never seen them as just chips?, and they aren't serial EEPROM's.

But as I've repeatedly mentioned, you need to start with how large the files are, and how many of them there are - until you know that, you can't really start to do anything.

As for socket size, you could always solder the bare card in place.

Can anyone recommend a circuit board producer/ builder who works with the mentioned components to help with the prototype?

Can anyone recommend a circuit board producer/ builder who works with the mentioned components to help with the prototype?

Yes, but first you will
1) need someone to draw a schematic (all the connections from battery to microcontroller to display).
2) Then someone to design the code for the microcontroller
3) then someone to convert the schematic to a pcb design
4) then a board fabricator
5) then someone to put the parts onto the board.

Some hobbiests can help you soup-to-nuts but you will usually need two or more companies to get this done(unless you outsource the whole project to an engineering company/consultant to manage the whole project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back