Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_2545

Super Moderator
Ok, about 3 weeks ago my hard drive crashed and I was out of service for awhile. So I decided to make a bench power supply. I had all of the ingredients,
  • Transformers
  • Positive and negative voltage regulators
  • Capacitors
  • Kick ass retro cabinet
  • Digital volt meter

Problem is I only had the one volt meter, so I settled on a three way rotary switch to go switch between the positive and negative sides. With a twist for the middle position.

I wanted to make a switcher that would switch back and fourth between the two voltage values, like the relay ct: (below)

I thought slamming back and fourth with a regular flip flop would be a bit harsh on the digital meter, maybe I just wanted to be different.

Now I'm absolutely positive I went about this the long way round, but this is what I came up with; and for just a hobbiest I feel pretty good that I was able to do it in one evening.

Attachments

• Relay ct.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 192
  • relay switcher.pdf
    341.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Those "super-Darlington" transistors are not going to do anything. Their supply is coming from the drive line.

The circuit is far too complex for what it trying to achieve.

Draw a circuit of the voltages you are trying to measure.

Those "super-Darlington" transistors are not going to do anything. Their supply is coming from the drive line.

The circuit is far too complex for what it trying to achieve.

Draw a circuit of the voltages you are trying to measure.

Those 'super darlingtons' provide the time delay part.

Of course its far too complex, I already said that, but it works.

The circuits of the voltages I am measuring are your average lm337 & lm317 regulators

This 'mess' switches between the two supplies for the digital volt meter to read them

If you want to get a "time delay" on the rising voltage, put in a zener. The "rise time" delay you will get with two Darlingtons is less than 3v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back