Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reinstalling Windows on a password protected laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you've already ordered this is just for anyone finding this thread. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive, it has 128G of SSD and a normal 1TB mechanical drive. It uses the SSD as a cache and after a couple of days works out which files to cache. I use Photoshop a lot and it went from about 1 min to load to 2 seconds. Worth considering.

Mike.

As you've already ordered this is just for anyone finding this thread. I have a 1 TB hybrid drive, it has 128G of SSD and a normal 1TB mechanical drive. It uses the SSD as a cache and after a couple of days works out which files to cache. I use Photoshop a lot and it went from about 1 min to load to 2 seconds. Worth considering.

I did see those, but the performance is quite a lot lower than a full SSD, and I'm planning using the SSD as the OS drive and an HDD as the data drive.

I have the 1TB hybrid as my main drive and a 3TB second drive for data. I was surprised that W7 can't handle above 2TB as the system drive. Does anyone know the limit on W10?

Mike.

W 10 system is limited to 2TB disk, same as W 7.
When you format your data disk to NTFS with sector size of 4K you can have a partition of up to 16TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back