Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopalakrishnan

hai to all

what are spi extenders? what is the use of it?

is spi communication is bi-directional? if yes when i connect multiple slaves with master if individual slave will communicate with the master? if so when more than one slave will communicate at the sametime to the same master what happens?
or
all the slave SDO are tied together and fed to the SDI and slaves are controled through individual slave select line?

kindly clarify my doubts?

hai to all

what are spi extenders? what is the use of it?

is spi communication is bi-directional? if yes when i connect multiple slaves with master if individual slave will communicate with the master? if so when more than one slave will communicate at the sametime to the same master what happens?
or
all the slave SDO are tied together and fed to the SDI and slaves are controled through individual slave select line?

kindly clarify my doubts?

hi,
Do you mean SPI expanders.??

EDIT:
Look here
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/tips-for-mcp23s17-port-expander-ic.98541/

Last edited:
You are correct that multiple slaves on a bus with a single master work through slave selection. Essentially, if the slave is not selected it is deaf to whatever is happening on the bus, or at least that's how it has worked with the devices I have used. It is in fact two way communication, but a lot of times meaningful data is only being sent in one direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back