Regarding PIC16F84 XTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight1

I'm a newbie here..reffering the data sheet for this PIC16F84 it juz mentioned to select the oscillation using certain capacitor but it din stated which xtal i need to use....hope can get a guilds/help here...thanxx

Last edited:
knight1 said:
I'm a newbie here..reffering the data sheet for this PIC16F84 it juz mentioned to select the oscillation using certain capacitor but it din stated which xtal i need to use....hope can get a guilds/help here...thanxx

I think you're confusing yourself?, the capacitor you're refering to is probably for an RC oscillator? - for a crystal (XT) you just need a couple of small capacitors, 10pF to 33pF should be fine for a 4MHz crystal.

However, the 16F84 is long obselete, it was replaced by the cheaper, higher spec 16F628, last century!.

it's not the RC...RC no need an Xtal rite?? but i saw there's many type of Xtal..and not stated in the data sheet...i'd choose the 27pF for the 2 capacitor...but not sure what xtal i need...

knight1 said:
it's not the RC...RC no need an Xtal rite?? but i saw there's many type of Xtal..and not stated in the data sheet...i'd choose the 27pF for the 2 capacitor...but not sure what xtal i need...

Use a 4MHz one, that's the standard one - the 27pF's will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…