Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding PIC16F84 XTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight1

I'm a newbie here..reffering the data sheet for this PIC16F84 it juz mentioned to select the oscillation using certain capacitor but it din stated which xtal i need to use....hope can get a guilds/help here...thanxx

Last edited:
knight1 said:
I'm a newbie here..reffering the data sheet for this PIC16F84 it juz mentioned to select the oscillation using certain capacitor but it din stated which xtal i need to use....hope can get a guilds/help here...thanxx

I think you're confusing yourself?, the capacitor you're refering to is probably for an RC oscillator? - for a crystal (XT) you just need a couple of small capacitors, 10pF to 33pF should be fine for a 4MHz crystal.

However, the 16F84 is long obselete, it was replaced by the cheaper, higher spec 16F628, last century!.

it's not the RC...RC no need an Xtal rite?? but i saw there's many type of Xtal..and not stated in the data sheet...i'd choose the 27pF for the 2 capacitor...but not sure what xtal i need...

knight1 said:
it's not the RC...RC no need an Xtal rite?? but i saw there's many type of Xtal..and not stated in the data sheet...i'd choose the 27pF for the 2 capacitor...but not sure what xtal i need...

Use a 4MHz one, that's the standard one - the 27pF's will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back