Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reducing Furnace Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never think it's a good idea to simplify at the start. It's best to understand a complex system and then simplify. Right now, you have a few goals in mind with simplicity.
Interesting approach. I have no concerns about trying to simplify so long as it works.

I am leaving in a few minutes for a couple of days. Attached are the electrical schematic and boiler diagram (done with Eagle).

John

Attachments

• BOILER DIAGRAM.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Current Control.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 231
I think it looks ok, for me all i would do/Add would be a by pass switch, and I would look at changing the relays for solid state. the last comment however is spendy and purely based on the fact i have had 3 relays pack in over the last month!! Nothing important running on them but I am starting to dislike contact relays :D.
As for the logic I assume you can adjust the 20 min thing in your loop? Or is that on the thermostat?
Depending how cold it was I would want to control that part of the loop if needed, but I am in Scotland and you are there so I doubt conditions are the same.
So yeah thumbs up from me it looks like it should do the job, and seeing as you building the pic circuit there is nothing stopping you tweaking the code if you find you need to.

I think it looks ok, for me all i would do/Add would be a by pass switch, and I would look at changing the relays for solid state. the last comment however is spendy and purely based on the fact i have had 3 relays pack in over the last month!! Nothing important running on them but I am starting to dislike contact relays :D.

I've had lots of problem with cheap relays but for a critical control circuit I still tend to use them. I really like the Magnecraft types like this for when a manual override (on the relay) for circuit power is needed if the controller is dead.
https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/357/850-0210-204252.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back