Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduce speed of fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atha

I bought this Fan 35W for the hot days in summer. But it is running at a to high speed and it is noisy. It looks like it has a motor that runs directly on 230 AC volts. Is there any cheap and easy way to reduce the speed, or should I just through it in the bin and find a new fan?

I am not sure if the motor would run if a lower voltage is applyed, but I think so. If the last sentence is correct, the less expensive solution is a light dimmer (normally can handle more than 300W). I never tryed so I can saying something very wrong !

If you can buy food on a supermarket, then you can find a dimmer to. If you are living on a jungle, then it could be harder:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back