Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Red TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSFET-guy

My son has one of those huge tube TVs. It's a Zennith but I don't see a model # on it (sorry). Anyway when he first turns it on all the colors on the screen are variations of red. He beats on it a bunch of times and it works fine. Is there a common failure here for this type of problem (cap or something)? Thanks

Beating the circuit board into sumbission suggests poor or faulty solder connections. Looks like you would need to inspect all connections for quality and good appearance. If you can solder properly, you can di this yourself after you have assured yourself that there are no stray voltages remaining in the chassis prior to working on it.

There's normally a PCB with a socket that connects to the back of the CRT, it sounds like it might've worked loose and is probably worth pushing genitally to put it back on.

There's normally a PCB with a socket that connects to the back of the CRT, it sounds like it might've worked loose and is probably worth pushing genitally to put it back on.

This TV has been moved a number of times. That's sounds pretty logical to me.

Thanks guys I appreciate you responses.

There is also a chance the electron gun in the back of the CRT has some dirt in it. This also responds to hitting the TV set. Years ago (back when TV repair was done) there was a test machine that zapped electron guns to try to clear out dirt.

There is also a chance the electron gun in the back of the CRT has some dirt in it. This also responds to hitting the TV set. Years ago (back when TV repair was done) there was a test machine that zapped electron guns to try to clear out dirt.

Excuse my ignorance of TVs but this sounds like something you can't do with contact cleaner?

Lol, I tried to spell that but the spell checker didn't find any suggestions so I kept changing it until it found a suggestion, now I realise it was the wrong one.:D

Both of you are somewhat correct --- genitals should be pushed gently, if pushed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back