Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectifier/relay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

i have 12VAC coming into a circuit and going thru 4 rectifier diodes (1n4001) then to a relay and LED. the LED doesnt look as bright as the other LEDS connected directly to my 12VDC supply. also the relay is making a noise as if it is switching on and off really fast. ne1 kno y?

andrew2022 said:
i have 12VAC coming into a circuit and going thru 4 rectifier diodes (1n4001) then to a relay and LED. the LED doesnt look as bright as the other LEDS connected directly to my 12VDC supply. also the relay is making a noise as if it is switching on and off really fast. ne1 kno y?

From what you've said you don't appear to have a smoothing capacitor on the output of the rectifier - this will make the relay 'chatter' as it turns on and off every half cycle (100 times a second).

Stick a 1000uF or so across the output of the bridge!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back