Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recording temperature readings from LM335Z Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
Ivé decided to record my freezer temperatures as I work on it and set the above device.
I need to record a reading each minute or so for the first few days ,store them on an eprom and then read that eprom into a computer vis USB.

I know it can be done but I am wondering if anyone has done something similar and can point me to a thread or site.

I have started to investigate Arduino and this is a possible way to go with radio modules at the freezer and another at my computer but I am looking for a glimpse of a big picture first rather than piece bits together without knowing the outcome.

Any and all help appreciated

Thanks Bill - I used your sites Data sheets to look that up and I think its mind boggling to see whats available .There's a chip that controls 4 fans in Maxim's range that could prove useful along the way. I've got this device built in atm and controlling the freezer so I want to keep that but the LM75 is noted for future use . A name I can remember too like a 555

A very popular but not cheap is the DS18B20. They support long cable lengths and upto 30 devices per wire pair. Software is very easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back