Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reattaching ribbon cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pitch is the distance between similar features -- the centres or left hand edges etc.
Ahh I see... In that case, I believe the pitch is around 0.5mm

You might get away with taping the ribbon in place and then putting a (tape covered) bulldog clip on from the other edge of the board.

Whether you'd have room for that isn't clear from the picture.
I'll go for that. I'll add some rubber to provide some more pressure. If I get a very small clip, I think it'll probably be alright. Might need to trim the handles a bit, but I'll see

And replacing the entire assembly would be too expensive.
when the LCD panel is replaced in a repair shop, this board is part of the assembly and not meant to be replaceable. they use a bonding machine of some kind to connect the cable when the panel is made.

I thought that would probably be the case. Kind of sounds like they don't want people repairing their devices :rolleyes:

Partially true perhaps, but mostly it's for speed and low cost during manufacturing.

Likewise, lack of repairability is another huge factor in keeping costs down, people won't pay considerably more just for something with decent spares and service support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back